Tuesday, August 23, 2011

And the invitation is for...

MADAGASCAR!!!!


I had kind of guessed this is where it would be, based on info I found on the Peace Corps Wiki site. And I am most definitely THRILLED! So if anyone out there has also received an invite for Madagascar/February 2012, give me a shout!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your invitation! I have also received an invitation for Madagascar. February 2012 departure. It's so great to get in contact with those I'll be serving with abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh awesome! So nice to hear from you Christina. I'll check out your blog too. Glad to finally meet another person from our group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I am really crossing my fingers for an invite to Madagascar but have been told that all invites are frozen for the next few weeks because of budget issues. Glad to hear you got your before this went down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! :) And congrats on getting your phone call-- but that's super weird about the freeze on invitations. At least you know you are getting one, but that is some serious agony to be waiting for the actual invite for that long! Anyway, I hope you get Madagascar! Our staging date is 2/27/2012, so it would definitely fit within the timeframe they gave you. But, I think our departure might be just Small Enterprise Development. There are health volunteers in Madagascar but I believe they usually have a different departure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous! I had been crossing my fingers for this assignment to no avail, but I am so happy for you. :) Thanks for the post on my blog, it has been a bit of an up and down journey but as of today my new invitation is in the mail and I will still be heading to Africa! Would love to come visit in Madagascar, and likewise you have a standing invitation to which ever country I end up in (will be there till June 2014.) This is going to be such an amazing experience, congratulations and I hope all the preparation is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I am thrilled to hear that an invitation (wherever it may be for) is in the mail! The best moment EVER is when you get to open that baby up, after months (or in both of our cases, years) of preparation and waiting! I'll check your blog again before I leave-- can't wait to hear where it is. Glad that it will be in Africa at least!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.