Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cute kids eating bananas and rice

The neighborhood kids come over a lot to use my colored pencils and coloring books. I gave them a banana snack one day recently, and they ended up being really funny while eating, so I'm glad I caught it on video. The one of the left is my little man Sarobidy, but I unfortunately don't know the name of the one on the right-- he's relatively new.



Here's Sarobidy (and his brother) again, demonstrating what champion rice eaters Malagasy kids are. I thought it would be funny to capture a video of them chowing down on rice, because that's pretty much the essence of Malagasy culture: rice is life.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,
    I’m the aunt of an incoming PCV (Chris aka Allen MacPherson)and helped him a bit through the application process, medical stuff, etc. and just wanted to say thanks for all the great information you’ve posted on Facebook Madagascar June 2014 as well as your wonderful Modern Nomad blog! The house and garden tours, packing list, tips on money, and other posts were so informative as well as fun to read!
    I’m sorry that he won’t have a chance to meet you and deliver a very heartfelt thank you care package.
    Best of luck to you in all your future endeavors!

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia,
    Thanks so much for your very kind comment! I'm really glad that I've been able to help you and your nephew with my blog posts. The whole application and preparation process is no easy feat, so he's very lucky to have your assistance with it! I have no doubt that he will have a wonderful service here in Madagascar, and I'm glad to know that I could help in a small way.

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.